Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Road Less Traveled

When it comes to your career it is very important to be passionate about it. My dad works for RBC, he enjoys it 8 months of the year. The other 4 he wishes he could quit, during the summer months he gets extremely busy with his clients and begins to fall behind schedule. Yet once this time period is done he goes back to enjoying life. My mom is in a similar position; she works as an education assistant and works with a kid who has autism. He is known to be quite the handful, but she manages to do a very good job and earn allot of praise. Except some of the other teachers are not supportive and don't help her kid cooperate. Making my mom very stressed out when no one is helping her and expects her to do so much. Through my parents experiences I realize that it is important to be very passionate about my job to make life more enjoyable. Throughout high school I've found that I enjoy helping people and sciences (especially biology). So I decided to pursue a career in medicine; thinking mostly of being a family doctor. The plan to get there hasn't been fully mapped out, but the first 2 years will be spent at Okanagan College taking an associate of science degree. After that transferring away to another school. I became very excited when I heard that UBCO is getting a med school in the next year, so I have yet to see where life takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment